Saturday, 8 November 2008
Award? Chapel Main Street Neyland
On of three Chapels to be considered for the CPRW Award. Built in 1865 now renamed Gambion Court.
The building was derelict,the exterior has been sandblasted all stone replaced with identical stone rainwater goods repaired with new cast ironwork from Germany. Completely repointed .
The interior has been converted into five luxury apartments, several with grand rooms. Three and five bed apartments, respecting the original structure and maintaining the distinctive features. The internal work has paid great attention to soundproofing, isolating the five apartments by double cavity walls all load bearing structures which are common are mounted in sound absorbing material. The solid floors are very thick with applied sound insulation. The work is to the very highest standard all wood work has been repaired doors windows etc have been made from new to the original, with use of Welsh Oak and iroko, pitch pine where possible.
Posted by Ian campbell
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Wow, looks great
Post a Comment